Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mia's 2 month appointment

I can't believe that Mia is already 9 weeks old and had to go in for her 2 month appointment. I was very nervous about all the vaccines that she would have to get. I really can't believe that they give so many shots to such small babies!!

Jeremy and I always make a bet and try to see who can guess Mia's weight. Jeremy won with his guess of 11 pounds 8 ounces because Mia weighed in at 11 pounds 5 ounces. I had guessed over 12 pounds because when she makes me hold her ALL day, that's how much she feels like she is! The doctor said that she's growing well and on track with all the amazing things a 2 month old should be able to do.

Mia got 2 shots and an oral vaccine and afterwards, she slept the WHOLE day. Poor baby! We also had to give her some tylenol because she was fussy and we were worried about the painful effects of the shots.

New things she's doing these days: She can hold her head up longer, she tracks objects and peoples faces that move in front of her, she bats at toys that hang from her play mat, she sleeps in her own crib (HUGE accomplishment!! WOOHOO!), and she has discovered her hand. She is constantly sucking on her hand especially when she's tired and she licks everything! She'll lick my shoulder when I'm holding her. I know some people are against their kids sucking their hands or thumbs, but we're happy that Mia has something to soothe herself since she is unable to hold a pacifier in her mouth.

Mia's lip surgery is scheduled for October 12th so please keep her in your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment